ABOUT THE TRAINING:
Who this training is for:
- Teachers of any movement style or background.
- Limited spots for Non-Teachers who are pregnant or want to learn how to support themselves or their loved ones through pregnancy and postpartum. (Inquire about availability)
- Daily Prenatal/Postnatal and Meditation Sessions.
- Tailor poses for various needs and conditions during pregnancy.
- Specific postpartum yoga practices that promote healing and support after childbirth, including vaginal birth, surgical birth, VBAC, and pregnancy loss.
- Use yoga practices to relieve pain, discomfort, anxiety, depression that could accompany pregnancy and postpartum.
- Understand the anatomy and physiology of pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum and apply that knowledge to help prenatal and postnatal students.
- Help people connect emotionally, physically, and spiritually with themselves and use those connections to help prepare them for pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum.
- Hands-On Assists Clinics – learn and practice enhancement, or supportive, or pain-relieving techniques. No one technique works for everyone; adapt techniques that work best for the individual.
Catherine Allen (Level 5 Certified Forrest Yoga Teacher and Mentor, Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga Teacher, RPYT, E-RTY-500) created this Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training after encountering an abundance of fear-based misinformation and limited support for the challenges she faced during her pregnancies, pregnancy loss, childbirth, and postpartum depression. Cat has taught countless pregnant and postpartum students throughout her 18-year teaching career and has learned immensely from birth professionals and experts. She weaves together all the collected wisdom from her personal and professional experiences to bring to you the most up-to-date information for teaching your pregnant and postpartum students. Cat teaches the 6-Day Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga Training in the 9-Day Training.
WHAT YOU GET:
*Teacher Training Manual (e-book)
*20 hours of training
*Daily Yoga Classes (prenatal/postnatal)
*Discussion and Q&A Sessions
*Daily Breathwork and Meditation Exercises
*Hands-On Assists Workshops
*Certificate of Completion
WHAT IS IN THE MANUAL:
*Over 100 prenatal and postnatal full color asana pictures with detailed instructions
*Articles about prenatal and postnatal practices through yoga, breath, meditation
*Poses and techniques for relieving pain and cultivating strength and openness
*Up-to-date info on anatomy and physiology of pregnancy, birth, and postpartum
*Example 60-minute sequences for private and group prenatal or postnatal classes
*Example 60-minute sequences for integrating prenatal and postnatal modifications into regular group classes
*Example 60-minute sequences from relaxing to moderate to athletic prenatal or postnatal classes
March 27, 28, 29, 2020:
9:00am-12:00pm Morning Training Session
12:00-1:15pm BYO lunch
1:15-5:00pm Afternoon Training Session
I‘ll be late / I’ll have to miss some of the training / I’ll have to leave early
100% attendance is required for a Certificate of Completion. However, this is a baby and parent friendly environment. You are welcome to pump or tend to your baby as often as you need.
Can I register these hours with Yoga Alliance?
Upon completion of this 20-Hour training, you can register these hours for continuing education creditswith Yoga Alliance. If you want to register as a Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher (RPYT) with Yoga Alliance, then you need to complete the 85-Hour Poppy Perinatal Yoga Teacher Training.
What airport do I use? Where is it? How do I get there?
The nearest airports are IAH and Hobby. The address for training location is 2100 Travis Street, Houston, TX 77002.
What do I bring?
Bring 2 blocks, a yoga strap, a yoga mat, and a beach towel (or large yoga towel). If you have a bolster, please bring it. You will be putting your bolster to good use.
Early Bird: $495 by November 8
Regular (shared bathroom): $550 after November 8
Fill out the online application before making payment. Click here for the application.
Click here to register.