ABOUT THE TRAINING:
Who this training is for:
- Teachers of any movement style or background.
- Limited spots for Non-Teachers who are pregnant or want to learn how to support themselves or their loved ones through pregnancy and postpartum. (Inquire about availability)
- Due to COVID-19, this training will take place 100% online via Zoom. (It was originally scheduled to take place at Lotus Ranch in Texas.)
- Daily Prenatal/Postnatal and Meditation Sessions.
- Tailor poses for various needs and conditions during pregnancy.
- Specific postpartum yoga practices that promote healing and support after childbirth, including vaginal birth, surgical birth, VBAC, and pregnancy loss.
- Use yoga practices to relieve pain, discomfort, anxiety, depression that could accompany pregnancy and postpartum.
- Understand the anatomy and physiology of pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum and apply that knowledge to help prenatal and postnatal students.
- Help people connect emotionally, physically, and spiritually with themselves and use those connections to help prepare them for pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum.
- Hands-On Assists Clinics – learn and practice enhancement, or supportive, or pain-relieving techniques. No one technique works for everyone; adapt techniques that work best for the individual.
Catherine Allen (Level 5 Certified Forrest Yoga Teacher and Mentor, Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga Teacher, RPYT, E-RTY-500) created this Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training after encountering an abundance of fear-based misinformation and limited support for the challenges she faced during her pregnancies, pregnancy loss, childbirth, and postpartum depression. Cat has taught countless pregnant and postpartum students throughout her 18-year teaching career and has learned immensely from birth professionals and experts. She weaves together all the collected wisdom from her personal and professional experiences to bring to you the most up-to-date information for teaching your pregnant and postpartum students. Cat teaches the 6-Day Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga Training in the 9-Day Training.
WHAT YOU GET:
*Teacher Training Manual (e-book)
*Daily Yoga Classes (prenatal/postnatal)
*Discussion and Q&A Sessions
*Daily Breathwork and Meditation Exercises
*Hands-On Assists Workshops
*All meals prepared freshly prepared by a professional chef
*Beautiful and clean accommodations (linens included)
*Certificate of Completion
WHAT IS IN THE MANUAL:
*Over 100 prenatal and postnatal full color asana pictures with detailed instructions
*Articles about prenatal and postnatal practices through yoga, breath, meditation
*Poses and techniques for relieving pain and cultivating strength and openness
*Up-to-date info on anatomy and physiology of pregnancy, birth, and postpartum
*Example 60-minute sequences for private and group prenatal or postnatal classes
*Example 60-minute sequences for integrating prenatal and postnatal modifications into regular group classes
*Example 60-minute sequences from relaxing to moderate to athletic prenatal or postnatal classes
TRAINING SCHEDULE (Texas time):
Days 1, 2
Sept 26: 9:00am-6:00pm – Prenatal/Postnatal Yoga Training Session
Sept 27: 9:00am-6:00pm – Prenatal/Postnatal Yoga Training Session
I‘ll be late / I’ll have to miss some of the training / I’ll have to leave early
100% attendance is required for a Certificate of Completion. However, this is a baby and parent friendly environment. You are welcome to pump or tend to your baby as often as you need.
Can I register these hours with Yoga Alliance?
This is an 85-Hour Registered Prenatal Yoga School (RPYS) with Yoga Alliance. If you would like to register with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher (RPYT), you must complete the 9-day or 10-day training and an additional ten hours of coursework. If you only want continuing education credits: Once you successfully complete the training, you can submit your certificate to Yoga Alliance USA for continuing education credits.
What do I bring?
Bring 2 blocks, a yoga strap, a yoga mat, and a beach towel (or large yoga towel). If you have a bolster, please bring it. You will be putting your bolster to good use.
EARLY BIRD: $260 + international bank fees
REGULAR: $460 + international bank fees
Early Bird Deadline is July 31, 2020. This means that the entire balance, not just the deposit, must be paid by July 31.
If late payment is made after July 31, 2020, then the balance for Regular Tuition Price will be due.
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY (STRICT):
*30 days or more prior to retreat: 50% of monies less paypal fees and $250 non-refundable deposit.
*29 days prior: No refund. No exceptions.
*If you want to switch from residential to non-residential or private to shared, a $50 admin fee will be applied to the balance.
Fill out the online application before making payment. Click here for the application.
PAYMENT FOR 2-DAY TRAINING (September 26-27, 2020)
By making payment, you agree to honor the Strict Cancellation and Refund Policy.
Please make a payment from your laptop or desktop computer, not the Facebook app browser from your smart device. Facebook is buggy.